My aim is to offer friendly, professional support at those difficult times in life when it can be hard to know where to turn.
I work with adults, children and young people in a safe, secure and confidential environment.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP). This means that I work in accordance with an Ethical Framework which guides the way in which I practice to ensure that my clients receive the optimum service.
I have worked for over 20 years with adults and young people facing a variety of issues including, but not limited to: anxiety; depression; suicidal thoughts; self-harm; health problems; relationship difficulties; childhood issues; trauma; domestic violence; sexual abuse; loss; bereavement; trauma; complex court proceedings; work related problems; ADHD; low self-esteem; anger issues; school refusal; bullying.
I undertake regular training to keep me informed of recent developments in therapeutic support which I will offer to you, as appropriate. Of particular interest to me are the ongoing developments in neuroscience which can help to underpin all types of therapy, as well as how we may choose to live our lives.
I work in a humanistic, person-centred way. Carl Rogers, one of the founders of the humanistic approach to psychology said: “Humans’ ability to grow is infinite… when they feel safe.” I aim to offer that place of safety.
Ultimately, this is about you. This is a time for you to invest in yourself and your future. One of the most important aspects of counselling is the relationship between the counsellor and client. So, my experience and qualifications will be insignificant if you do not feel that I am the right person to work with you. It is for that reason that I offer a free 30 minute session for you to consider whether this is right for you.
Qualifications and Experience
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma Person Centred Counselling
- Diploma with Distinction, Working With Children and Adolescents endorsed by BACP and accredited by ISPC
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling
- I have undertaken training in Safeguarding Children and Young People and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Fully Insured
- I have enhanced DBS clearance
- 20+ years working in helping professions
- LLB (Hons); LLM; Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice;
- I undertake regular training in a wide range of counselling theories and specialist areas including somatic Therapy, Polyvagal Theory, Mindsight, ARC.
Anxiety, Trauma, Stress, Depression, PTSD, self harm, eating disorders, self-esteem, mindfulness, bereavement, working with the teenage brain, therapeutic play and creativity, attachments, relational and developmental trauma, cybertrauma, working with clients with communication difficulties.